Foundation for Women
Fundación Mujeres (Foundation for Women) is a non-profit
NGO created in 1994 to work for setting up interventional projects, in different
fields of social, political, economic and cultural participation in order to
achieve a real and effective equality of opportunity.
We have developed successful interventional formulae in several fields, keeping special attention to development and respect to women’s’ rights. It is our belief that equality of opportunity between men and women is a key element for society at large and for every single private and public institution and organization that makes part of it.
Our lines of activity are:
Employment and equality of opportunity
- Support to the employment training for women, especially through the development of new technologies for presential and online training (Teletraining) and research for innovative ways of its application.
- Application of the gender perspective to policies and employment programs accomplished by public institutions and NGOs.
- Development of new actions and materials to favor the conciliation of personal and professional lives.
- Support to new companies created by women and their economic consolidation in the markets.
- Integration of equality of opportunity by companies’ Human Resources policies.
Gender Equality policies and Gender Mainstreaming
- Support to specific gender equality policies though services for its creation, development and evaluation.
- Contribution to the visibility of women’s situation in every aspect: socially, economically, politically, etc.
- Development of equality in political and social participation of women.
- Increasing social awareness for equality of opportunities between men and women and the dissemination of new related movements and political agreements.
Gender-based violence prevention policies
- Boosting new ways of addressing image and political treatment of violence against women.
- Changing sexist stereotypes and monitoring risk factors of suffering or using violence against women in order to deactivate social violence behaviors towards women.
- Specialized training and qualification of professionals that deal with women in current or past situation of gender-based violence.
- Collaboration, coordination and development of prevention policies in local and regional environments.
- Prevention of violence against women, boosting new ways of addressing political treatment of violence against women, in order to deactivate social violence behaviors towards women.
- Strengthening of women local, regional and international networks, hence contributing to the visibility and empowerment of women in different contexts of social, economic and political environments.
- Promotion of women’s economic autonomy, though supporting employment training and the creation of new companies directed by women.
- Development of gender equality policies and gender mainstreaming by applying the gender perspective in public policy, public institutions and human resources.
Accomplishing a complete development of real and effective equality requires innovation and change of the traditional ways of doing. It is our work to search new solutions that allow us to improve the quality of social relations, coming up with specialized solutions, adapted to each one of the social actors and to each field of intervention.
For more information: